The Ashes of War mechanic adds a new layer of magic to FromSoftware’s typical Dark Souls formula, offering new abilities that enhance weapons after they have been applied. One that you’ll encounter fairly early on in your adventure across The Lands Between increases the defense buff from shields and can even deflect enemy attacks. Here’s how to get Barricade Shield in Elden Ring if you’re unsure.
The Barricade Shield is an Ashes of War skill that can be applied to shields, and it’s a really solid one to make use of especially during the early stages of the game. You don’t have to wait too long to find it, either, since it’s only a short haul from Limgrave down towards the Weeping Peninsula.
How to Get Barricade Shield in Elden Ring
Finding the Barricade Shield’s location isn’t hard, but prying it from the hands of the Night’s Cavalry you must first defeat definitely is — assuming you’re at a low level. These enemy types are field bosses who can be found roaming around The Lands Between. The one you’re after in Weeping Peninsula is only found at night time, just outside the Castle Morne Rampart. After you defeat it, it will drop the Barricade Shield and 3,400 Runes. You should ideally be level 20+ before taking it on.
Here’s a breakdown of how to get Barricade Shield in Elden Ring:
- Travel to Castle Morne Rampart at Weeping Peninsula. There is a Site of Grace at the exact location you need to be.
- Rest at the Site of Grace and ‘Pass time’ to nightfall. The Night’s Cavalry will only appear at night.
- Once the enemy appears, attack with everything you’ve got. It will remain on horseback for almost the entirety of the fight. Its attacks are pretty easy to dodge since you can see them coming a mile off, but it does hit for a lot of damage if you get hit, so be careful.
- After you have defeated the Night’s Cavalry you will receive the Barricade Shield and 3,400 Runes.
That should give you everything you need to know about how to get the Barricade Shield in Elden Ring. For more useful tips and guides on the game, search Twinfinite.
- Have You Ever Beaten All Soulsborne Games, Sekiro, & Elden Ring Without Taking a Single Hit? This Streamer Has
- This Indie Game Got Almost as Many Nominations as Elden Ring at The Game Awards
- Best Games Like Elden Ring
- Elden Ring Patch 1.07.1 Nerfs a Defensive Ash of War
- Elden Ring Getting Special Jazz Music Concert