While the majority of us out there are still making our way through The Lands Between in FromSoftware’s latest open-world epic, Elden Ring, speedrunners around the world are beginning to set unprecedented records that’ll make normal folk like you and I quake in our boots like a freshly-plucked greenhorn.
That’s right, today we hear news that a speedrunner has beaten Elden Ring is under 30 minutes. In fact, the YouTuber managed to reach the credits of FromSoft’s acclaimed RPG in just 28 minutes and 59 seconds, to be exact. Impressive, huh?
As you can see in the video above, this specific speedrunning record was an “Any%” run, which means that the main goal is to reach the end of the game using whatever means necessary. In other words, exploits and glitches are a totally valid way of getting through the story in this type of speedrun of Elden Ring.
As far as we can tell, this new record is a world’s first, at the time of writing, anyway. Ultimately, we’re sure this record will be broken at some point in the future as streamers and speedrunners whittle down their times to even more jawdroppingly impressive records.
But what say you, though? Are you impressed with this new record? And have you beaten Elden Ring yet? Ride your spectral steeds down to the usual place below to let us know.
- Elden Ring Sales Surpassed 13.4 Million Units in Its First 5 Weeks on the Market Alone
- Elden Ring Patch 1.04 Notes Reveal Major Rebalancing of Magic & Weapons
- Elden Ring Player Creates Kratos With This Amazing God of War Build
- The Elden Ring Community Has a New Demigod, & It’s a Naked Man Who’ll Fight Malenia for You
- Elden Ring PSA: Summoning Latenna the Albinauric Near a Dire Wolf Can Have Amazing Results