Netflix has today continued the rollout of its inside look mini-series of The Witcher featurettes, this time revealing some of the actor/writer’s thoughts on one of season two’s most exciting scenes, dubbed the “monster mash.” Fair warning, this is a big spoiler to those who have not yet seen the whole series yet.
For those who have, you’ll remember the monster mash as the epic showdown at Kaer Morhen between the witchers and Voleth Ciri and her fearsome basilisk that marks the grand finale of the season’s story. Today’s episode features comments from Henry Cavil, Freya Allan, Anya Charlotte, and many more of the cast:
As noted by TheWrap, the 142.4 million hours viewed was nearly three times the next most-viewed TV show, “Money Heist,” which logged 55 million hours viewed in Netflix’s weekly viewership rankings.
Still, Twinfinite wasn’t necessarily pleased with some of the decision-making behind the show’s storytelling; features editor Andrew McMahon recently wrote about his frustration with the handling of Eskel, which you can read here.
For more on The Witcher, Netflix also recently produced a featurette on Vesemir’s role in the shown, which you can check out here.
- The Last of Us’ Success Makes The Witcher’s Failure Hurt Even More
- The Witcher Author’s Opinion on Netflix’s Show Is Amusingly Vague
- The Witcher 3 Implements Major Changes to Its Signs Combat System
- Will There Be a Season 2 of The Witcher: Blood Origin?
- The Witcher Fans Are Baffled by Netflix’s Casting Choice for a Prominent Character in Blood Origin