Today, Capcom revealed that a brand new DLC to Monster Hunter Rise would be released later next year. While the teaser reveal trailer didn’t show off too much, the “massive expansion” seems to center around a large dragon, and will be titled Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
For those unfamiliar with Monster Hunter Rise, its website provides the following description of the game:
Set in the ninja-inspired land of Kamura Village, explore lush ecosystems and battle fearsome monsters to become the ultimate hunter. It’s been half a century since the last calamity struck, but a terrifying new monster has reared its head and threatens to plunge the land into chaos once again.
Hunt solo or in a party with friends to earn rewards that you can use to craft a huge variety of weapons and armor. Brand new gameplay systems such as the high-flying ‘Wire Action’ and your canine companion ‘Palamute’ will add exciting new layers to the already robust combat that Monster Hunter is known for.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will be available on Nintendo Switch summer 2022; you must have the base game to download this expansion.
If you’re curious about the other games showcased during the latest Nintendo Direct, Twinfinite has got plenty of ongoing coverage, including lots more news listed below. Be sure to check back to the site for consistent updates for everything you could ever want or need about all of the Nintendo and Direct-related events.
- Monster Hunter World Has Now Shipped 20 Million Units Worldwide
- Monster Hunter Rise Shipments Have Exceeded 7.5 Million Units
- Moonglow Bay Could Have Been a ‘Darker’ Game Inspired by Monster Hunter
- Monster Hunter Rise for PC via Steam Officially Announced; Shogun Ceanataur Revealed for Sunbreak
- Secretlab Partners With Capcom to Produce a Monster Hunter Rathalos-Themed Chair