Deck Nine is about to release the fourth entry in the popular, narrative-driven Life Is Strange series. Titled Life Is Strange: True Colors, this time players will follow the story of Alex, a young girl whose supernatural ability allows her to experience, absorb and manipulate the strong emotions of others, which she sees as blazing, colored auras.
Ahead of its Sept. 10 release, we’ve been able to share the first five minutes of the game with you, which you can check out below.
Alex’s superpowers aren’t the only mysterious thing going on in the town of Haven Springs, Colorado.
Having moved there to live with her brother Gabe, he’s soon found dead, and Alex gets to work investigating the town and its inhabitants to uncover the dark secrets that hide within this rural getaway deep within the mountains.
Alongside this opening five minutes, we’ve also got a full preview of Life Is Strange: True Colors’ first chapter, which you can read here. Be sure to check back soon for our review of the full game.
True Colors also marks a first for the series, with the game departing from the episodic structure seen in the original, sequel, and spin-off, Before the Storm.
Players will be able to enjoy the entirety of Alex’s story on day one, eliminating those pesky months-long waits between episodes when you’re just itching to see what happens next.
Life Is Strange: True Colors will release on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, GeForce Now & Google Stadia on Sept. 10. A Nintendo Switch version will launch later this year, though no set release date has been announced just yet.
- Life Is Strange: True Colors Review – Shining Through
- Life Is Strange: True Colors Full Soundtrack Revealed; Features Novo Amor, Kings of Leon & More
- Life Is Strange: True Colors’ Empath Superpower Is a Perfect Fit for the Series – Hands-on Preview
- Life is Strange: True Colors Gets New Gameplay Footage Showing Alex’s Powers
- Life Is Strange: True Colors Unveils Original Soundtrack by Angus & Julia Stone