Department of Damage Control
It turns out that Peter isn’t talking to any ordinary police officers in the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer scene where he’s handcuffed to a desk and talking about how he didn’t kill Mysterio. The man who makes a comment about the drones from Far From Home is actually with the Department of Damage Control, not the police. A “DODC” patch can be seen on his jacket.
The Department of Damage Control was seen in Spider-Man: Homecoming during one of the very first scenes. They speak to Adrian Toomes (AKA The Vulture) as he’s trying to salvage parts in the aftermath of the New York battle from the first Avengers movie.
The DODC is an organization that was originally created by S.H.I.E.L.D. that cleans up after superhero fights to remove dangerous artifacts. However, they may not be too pleased that Peter’s identity is all out in the open after he seemingly killed Mysterio with Stark technology in the previous movie.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Gets New Trailers Showing Combat and Exploration
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Wants the Milano to Feel Like Home
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Blends Narrative, Combat, & Music Seamlessly (Hands-on Preview)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Coming 2023; Trailer Gives Quick Look at Venom
- Insomniac Announces Marvel’s Wolverine