After years of speculation and production, the live-action Cowboy Bebop movie has an official release date. This news came by way of Netflix’s Twitter account, which revealed that the long-anticipated adaptation of the beloved anime would be streaming on their platform Nov. 19.
Alongside the announcement, there were plenty of new images shown off for Cowboy Bebop, showcasing not only John Cho in the starring role of Spike Spiegel but also Mustafa Shakir as Jet Black and Daniella Pineda as Faye Valentine. We’ve compiled a gallery of the photos, which would make lovely desktop backgrounds, below.
Based on a lot of the images above, it is clear that the live-action version will follow the anime pretty heavily, as you can see set designs from the fight with Vicious and a lot of shots of the interior of the ship which mirror its design from the original source material.
The rest of the cast for the series also includes:
- Alex Hassell as Vicious
- Elena Satine as Julia
- Geoff Stults as Chalmers
- Tamara Tunie as Ana
- Mason Alexander Park as Gren
- Rachel House as Mao
- Ann Truong as Shin
- Hoa Xuande as Lin
An official synopsis for Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop series can also be found below:
Cowboy Bebop is the jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine and Radical Ed: a rag-tag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world…for the right price.
Images Source: Netflix
- Cowboy Bebop Collection Makes You Look As Snazzy as Spike Spiegel
- Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Set for Fall; Composer Yoko Kanno Will Return
- Actress States Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Season 1 Has Wrapped Filming
- Netflix’s Live Action Remake of Cowboy Bebop Is Now in Production
- John Cho, Mustafa Shakir Among Actors Cast for Cowboy Bebop Live Action Netflix Series