Today Microids announced a release date for its upcoming beat ’em up Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All.
The game, which was announced back in March, will launch for PS4, Switch, Xbox One, & PC on Nov. 25, 2021.
Developed by French team Mr. Nutz Studio, it brings back to the screen the adventures of Asterix & Obelix, the popular Gaul characters created by René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo all the way back in 1959.
You can catch a new trailer below taking a look at our heroes as they slap the Romans into oblivion.
If you’re unfamiliar with Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All, you can check out an official description below.
The year is 50 B.C. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely…
One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders.
Everything is falling apart! Our two heroes will travel all around the world to fight the Roman Empire in a 2D horizontal scrolling Beat Them Up game, completely hand-drawn and made in the purest tradition of the genre.
Enemies and wild boars will have to be cautious! Asterix and Obelix are back… And it’s going to be another great fight!
- Expect hours of gameplay with an Adventure mode filled with Romans, as well as an Arcade mode with an online leaderboard to compete with other players.
- Play as Asterix and Obelix in cooperation (local multiplayer mode) with family or friends!
- Slap thousands of Romans away with a wide range of moves and unique combos to each character!
- The Adventure mode chapters are based on existing Asterix & Obelix albums. The game also features an exclusive chapter that was created specifically for the game.
- Alongside the main adventure, discover mini-games to complete the feast of our Gaulish friends!
- Enjoy hand-drawn designs faithful to the original comic books series and animations created especially for the game.