During the Guerrilla Collective livestream, 2Awesome Studio and Critical Reflex showcased a new trailer of the action-platformer Aeon Drive.
This lovely pixel art game releases on Steam and consoles in 2021, and it’s a super-fast game that prompts you to save the world in a 30-second loop. It also supports 4-player co-op.
You can check it out in action below. A demo is already available on Steam.
Here’s how the developers describe Aeon Drive,
“Rush through the cyberpunk landscapes of Neo Barcelona in Aeon Drive, an action-platformer with a speedrunning twist! Whether solo or with up to 4 friends, sprint and dash through many areas of the neon-infused city – and use your time and space-bending abilities to get ahead.
Set in the neon-colored landscape of Neo Barcelona, Aeon Drive is an action platformer with a speedrunning twist!
You’ll play as Jackelyne, a young space ranger from another dimension. Desperately trying to get home, she crash-lands her spaceship into the middle of a bustling metropolis, Neo Barcelona. With the power sword, teleportation dagger and unique skill to control time, Jackelyne has to find all the Drive Cores to fix her ship – and save the city from impending doom.”
- Run through time itself! Aeon Drive features a unique time-warping system that saves players the frustration of repetition and keeps the challenge fresh.
- Teleport through lasers, spikes or saws, crouch-dash at the last moment to evade that incoming shot and run through 100 levels across several areas of Neo Barcelona!
- Use Jackelyne’s Power Sword, Teleportation Dagger and time-bending abilities in this action platformer with a speedrunning twist
- Modern & retro looks come together in the game’s pixel-art style!
- Enjoy a dashing (get it?) vacation in a cyberpunk version of the tourist darling, Neo Barcelona!
- Advanced scoring system that enables long term replayability!
- Use Discord Integration and Global Leaderboards to compete against friends, as well as other players from all around the world!
- Streaming mode – show everyone who the real speedster of Neo Barcelona is!
- Real-time difficulty adjustment – collect time-warping devices and use them strategically!