Housemarque announced earlier this week that they’d be pushing out patch 1.3.3 for Returnal to fix stability issues and reduce crashes. However, it looks like the patch has done more harm than good, as once it was released, players began reporting save data corruption issues that caused them to be unable to progress.
Housemarque has since looked into the issue and have just announced on Twitter that they’ll be pulling back the patch and releasing a new one in a few hours once the issue has been fixed. If you’ve been affected by the corruption issue caused by the new patch, you’ll need to redownload and reinstall the game completely.
The developers also stated if you’ve gotten the CE-100028-1 error popup, that means you’ve been affected, so get to reinstalling if necessary.
Returnal is now available exclusively on PS5.
- New Returnal Patch Increases Deceased Scout Appearances, Fixes Crashes & Other Run Glitches
- Returnal Speedrunners are Already Beating the Game in Under 5 Minutes
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System
- Returnal Has Debug Cheats You Can Access by Plugging in a Keyboard, But Not For Long
- PSA For Returnal Players: Set Your PS5 Auto-Update to Off to Avoid Losing Run Progress