Nier Replicant ver.1.22 is a re-release of the original PS3 and Xbox 360 game from over a decade ago. The story makes references to a legendary flower known as the Lunar Tear multiple times in a playthrough, and while it seems unattainable based on how the characters describe it, you can actually cultivate one on your own. Here’s how to get Lunar Tears in Nier Replicant.
Getting Lunar Tears in Nier Replicant
It’s not at all mandatory to obtain a Lunar Tear in order to progress the story in Nier Replicant, but it does give you the Legendary Gardener trophy if you manage to cultivate one yourself. However, doing so requires quite a bit of time, and you’ll need to learn how to cross-breed flowers.
Down below, we’ve listed the flower cross-breeding combinations and rates:
- Red and Gold Moonflowers = 20% of getting Peach Moonflower Seeds
- Blue and Gold Moonflowers = 20% chance of getting Indigo Moonflower Seeds
- Indigo and Red Moonflowers = 5% chance of getting Pink Moonflower Seeds
- Pink and Peach Moonflowers = 1% chance of getting Lunar Tears
To cross-breed flowers, it’s recommended that you unlock all three plots of land outside the protagonist’s house by completing the two side quests for the village florist. The best shot of getting the seeds you want is by alternating the two colors you want.
For instance, on a single plot of land, alternate between Red and Gold to increase your chances of getting Peach Moonflower Seeds, and so on and so forth.
Another thing to take note of is that it’ll take around 48 real-life hours for your flowers to bloom and wilt. Changing your system clock won’t speed up the process, so you’ll need to literally wait for them to bloom.
In addition to that, make sure to let the flowers die before harvesting so that you can get the seeds. After you’ve got the correct colored seeds you want, plant them to get that respective colored flower, or let them wilt again for more cross-bred seeds.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Lunar Tears in Nier Replicant. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- 4 Reasons Automata Fans Shouldn’t Sleep on NieR Replicant
- NieR Replicant Players Notice an Interesting Text Language Detail
- The Hardest NieR Replicant/Gestalt Quiz You’ll Ever Take
- 10 4K & HD Nier Replicant Wallpapers Perfect For Your Next Desktop Background
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… Review – Soul Meets Body