This week, Sega and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s masterpiece detective drama, Judgment, finally lands on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Stadia. Originally released on the PlayStation 4 in 2019, Judgment follows former lawyer turned private investigator, Takayuki Yagami, as he weeds through a spree of serial murders in Kamurocho.
In case you missed Judgement the first go-around, the upcoming PS5, Series X/S, and Stadia versions make it the perfect time to try one of the best games in recent years. Here are 3 reasons to be excited about Judgment’s next-gen upgrade.
Reasons to be Excited About Judgment PS5 Upgrade
Chief among the enhancements in Judgment’s next-gen release is of course performance. Due to the demand of the Dragon Engine and the myriad of particle effects, Judgment ran on the PS4 at a locked 30 FPS.
That is no longer the case, as the enhanced edition is aiming for a steady 60 FPS this time around. Not only will Kamurocho look and feel more alive than it ever has in 60 FPS, but Judgment’s frenetic, style-switching combat is also going to feel all the more responsive.
Like the Yakuza series, Judgment employs style-switching that allows the player to change tactics mid-fight based on a particular encounter. The Tiger style uses slower, more focused attacks that are better equipped to handle one-on-one fights, while the Crane style is more fluid and acrobatic to take on large groups. While combat always felt great in the original release, a fully locked 60 FPS can only refine what was already a great combat system.
- Lost Judgment for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, & Xbox One Gets First Official Screenshots & Details
- Lost Judgment Officially Announced for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, & Xbox One
- Lost Judgment for PS5 & PS4 Leaked by Japanese PlayStation Store
- Judgment’s Kamurocho Is an Eccentric Treasure Trove That Keeps on Giving
- Sega Teases Judgment-Related Announcement in Early May With Countdown Website