Epic Games announced today that they will be giving anyone that purchased a Loot Llama in Fortnite: Save the World prior to its discontinuation back in early 2019 1000 V-Bucks.
The move is being done as a settlement for anyone the purchased the Loot Llama whether they found it to be predatory, enjoyed them, or anything in-between. In addition, while the settlement is in response to a class-action lawsuit that was made in the U.S., anyone that purchased a Loot Llama globally will get the 1000 V-Bucks.
A FAQ on the announcement page covers a few other important details:
- It doesn’t matter how many Loot Llamas you bought, players will only receive one payment of 1000 V-Bucks to their Fortnite account.
- No action is required on the player’s end, and everyone eligible should receive the 1000 V-Bucks in the next few days.
- X-Ray Loot Llama purchases don’t count.
Loot boxes have had quite the fall from grace since they gained popularity after the launch of Overwatch back in 2016. Once fairly common, now they are essentially taboo and are under the watchful eye of governments around the globe that regulate content that could be construed as gambling.
- Fortnite Adds DC’s Beast Boy This Week Alongside Duos Tournament
- Batman Zero Joins Fortnite; Collaborative Comic Series Also Launched
- Court Documents Reveal Fortnite Made Over $9 Billion in Revenue For Epic Over a Two-Year Period
- Fortnite 16.30 Update Adds Neymar Jr Quests, New Bow & LTMs
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite