The Medium’s Globe puzzle is one of its more obtuse ones. There’s no explanation or hint as to how you’re supposed to solve it, and so it can feel like a lot of trial and error to begin with. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to solve the Globe Puzzle in The Medium.
Once you’ve got the missing piece of the globe (found in the room opposite the globe room), walk back over to it and press X to interact with it, and then A to ‘focus on the spirit world.’ This will then allow you to place the missing globe piece into it. The problem is, you then need to shift the pieces into the correct order, but the game doesn’t give you any clues as to what order they should be in.
How to Solve the Globe Puzzle in The Medium
If you look a little more closely at the three bands (pieces) of the globe in the spirit world, you’ll notice that each of them has a different facial feature on them — eyes, nose, and a mouth. That’s your clue, you need to rearrange them into the correct order so the eyes are on the top, nose in the middle, and mouth on the bottom. They should all be next to one another, with no gaps in between.
Each time you interact with a piece of the globe, it causes two of them to move either up or down. To help you solve this, we’ve listed what pieces move when you interact with the eyes, nose and mouth respectively.
- Eyes – Eyes Move Up, Mouth Moves Down
- Nose – Nose Moves Up, Eyes Move Down
- Mouth – Mouth Moves Up, Nose Moves Down
The Medium’s globe puzzle solution can be seen in the screenshot below.
If you’re still struggling to get your head around the puzzle, we’ve included a quick clip of us solving The Medium’s globe puzzle below for your convenience.
- Bloober Team Reveals The Medium Is Coming to PS5 This September
- The Medium Gets Rated for PS5 on ESRB Website
- This Easter Egg in The Medium Has Troy Baker & Mary Elizabeth McGlynn Singing the OST
- The Medium’s Launch Trailer Has Serious Silent Hill Vibes
- Damn, The Medium Would Have Been a Perfect Series X|S Launch Title