MiHoYo has been consistently keeping things fresh for Genshin Impact players by releasing new time-locked 5-star characters, and giving players the opportunity to roll wishes on new banners for an increased chance of grabbing a shiny new character for their party setup. Update 1.2 saw the release of Albedo, but in just another week, players will be able to start rolling for a new 5-star character called Ganyu.
How to Get Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Ganyu will be available in Genshin Impact starting on Jan. 12. Just like Albedo, she’ll be the featured banner character and you’ll have an increased chance of rolling her on that banner.
Just like all other legendary 5-star characters, you can make use of the pity system to get yourself a 5-star pull. Essentially, the pity system grants you a 5-star item or character around every 90 to 100 pulls. This means that if you know you’re close to your 90th pull, it might be wise to save your Primogems and wait till Ganyu is released before rolling on her banner.
Otherwise, you can get Primogems the usual way:
- By doing Daily Commissions.
- By doing side quests and main story quests.
- By exploring the world and opening chests and unlock fast travel points.
- By increasing your Adventure Rank and claiming rewards at the guild.
- By leveling up Statues of the Seven.
- By leveling up the Frost Bearing Tree in Dragonspine.
- By spending real money in the store.
Of course, even with Primogems, it’s still down to RNG and luck when it comes to getting Ganyu. That being said, if you roll a 5-star item on her banner and it’s not her, your next 5-star pull is guaranteed to be Ganyu. This means that if you have enough Primogems to spare for approximately 200 pulls, you’ll definitely get her on the banner.
If you’re wondering whether the Cryo archer would be a good fit for your party in Genshin Impact, here’s a rundown of her moves:
- Normal Attack: Up to 6 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Deals Cryo damage with a bow.
- Trail of the Qilin: Leaving a single Ice Lotus behind, Ganyu dashes backward, shunning all impurity and dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Celestial Shower: Coalesces atmospheric frost and snow to summon a Sacred Cryo Pearl that exorcises evil. During its ability duration, the Sacred Cryo Pearl will continuously rain down shards of ice, striking opponents within an AoE and dealing Cryo damage.
- Preserved for the Hunt: Refunds 15% of the ores used when crafting Bow-type weapons.
- Undivided Heart: After firing a Frostflake Arrow, the crit rate of subsequent Frostflake Arrows and their resulting bloom effects is increased by 20% for 5 seconds.
- Harmony between Heaven and Earth: Celestial Shower grants a 20% Cryo damage bonus to active party members in the AoE.
From what we’ve seen of Ganyu so far, it looks like she’ll fill more of a supporting role in the party instead of being your main damage dealer. She’ll work extremely well with other Cryo party members and also synergize well with other elements.
Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Genshin Impact: How to Get Starsilver
- Genshin Impact Crimson Wish Explained: How to Unlock, What It Does, Reset Time
- Genshin Impact Stones of Remembrance: How to Open the Nine Pillars
- Genshin Impact: How to Unlock & Reach Peak of Vindagnyr
- Genshin Impact: How to Get Chilled Meat & What It’s Used For