While the main story may be shorter than it was in The Witcher 3, there’s still an incredible amount to see and do in Cyberpunk 2077. As you complete quests, you get the ability to use new gadgets and weapons, but it’s not always clear where you can actually get things from. So that you can switch up your character’s loadout, here’s everything you need to know about how to get weapons in Cyberpunk 2077.
Getting some of the best weapons in CD Projekt Red’s game is somewhat out of your hands. You’ll be able to loot many of them from the bodies of enemies you’ve killed or from loot caches scattered around Night City’s many shadowy streets.
You’ll also have to make big decisions that can affect the story if you’re after a particular weapon. At points, you’ll get the chance to kill or spare a character, with the decision being entirely down to you. Keeping them alive could help you in the story down the line, while killing them will grant you a Legendary weapon immediately.
How to Get More Weapons in Cyberpunk 2077
However, you can get other weapons in more conventional ways. Split down into four different varieties: common, uncommon, rare, and legendary, you can buy them from Vendor Shops littered throughout the city. You’ll find them by looking for the pistol icon on Cyberpunk 2077’s map, which you can see in the screenshot down below.
When you speak to the vendor there, you’ll be able to see their entire catalog of weapons and purchase them.
Before you can actually purchase any new weapons though, you’ll need to get yourself some money – which is called Eurodollars, or Eddies for short, in Cyberpunk 2077.
You’ll start with nothing, but will soon start earning money by looting caches and enemies you kill, completing jobs, helping the NCPD stop crime, and simply working your way through the main story quests. Then, once you’ve got enough, you can spend some on a new weapon.
Also, it’s worth noting when trying to get more weapons in Cyberpunk 2077 that some Vendors will have specific stock, particularly when it comes to Legendary rarity weapons. You’ll have to search Night City to buy all of them.
How to Get Legendary Weapons
Legendary weapons are some of the rarest and best in the game, but they’re not easy to get your hands on. They will look pretty spectacular and some will have specific uses that make them only useful in stealth scenarios, for example. Thankfully, there’s a few ways to add them to your inventory in Cyberpunk 2077.
- The main way to get the best Legendary weapons is to get them as part of Gigs and main story quests. Most of them will be decision based, asking you to kill or spare certain characters. Choosing the right option might allow you to pick up their legendary gun.
- You might find some in loot caches scattered throughout Night City.
- Some Vendors will stock them for you to purchase for pretty high prices.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Set to Return to Playstation Store June 21
- CD Projekt Discusses Continued Cyberpunk 2077 Development & Pre-Production of Unannounced Games
- CD Projekt Confirms Commitment to Improve Cyberpunk 2077 While Announcing Financial Results
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared