Every punk needs a hot set of wheels to cruise Night City in style, but acquiring vehicles in CD Projekt Red’s latest RPG is done a little differently to other games. Here’s how to buy cars in Cyberpunk 2077 if you’re confused.
Before we dive in, though, it’s worth noting that, yes, you can steal almost any vehicle you see in Night City. However, it requires you to have your Body attribute leveled high enough depending on the vehicle type, and you also won’t be able to summon it. Actually buying a car makes it a permanent tool that V can use at any time.
How to Buy Cars in Cyberpunk 2077
There are a number of different ways to acquire new vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077, but none of these will be available to you until you have completed the first act of the game’s story. This is after you have stolen the Relic chip with Jackie during the heist mission.
Once you’ve gotten past that point, you’ll then start being offered vehicles from Fixers, and this is basically how each one becomes available throughout the game.
Fixers will offer you new cars for one of three different reasons: entering a new area, as part of a specific side quest, or when you’ve wracked up enough street cred.
Regardless of which reason, the new car you have been offered will then appear in your journal as a quest. To purchase the car, track the quest and then hover over the icon on the map. This will display its price, which can range from thousands to hundreds of thousands of Eurodollars.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13.7 Million Copies in 2020; CD Projekt Announces Financial Results
- Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 Improves Stability & Fixes Progression-Blocking Bugs
- 10 Most Important Changes To Cyberpunk 2077 in Patch 1.2