Activision showed off a new trailer for the first season of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War content in free-to-play battle royale Call of Duty: Warzone at The Game Awards 2020 on Thursday night. Check out the trailer below showing potential story beats and the tagline “Vengeance Rises.”
The company also revealed all the new changes and additions coming to Warzone when Season One launches on Dec. 16.
The game will add all Black Ops Cold War’s launch weapons to the battle royale including five assault rifles, five submachine guns, four marksman (tactical) rifles, three light machine guns, three sniper rifles, three pistols, two shotguns, three launchers, and one melee weapon.
Players can earn additional weapons through free tiers of the Battle Pass and in-game challenges throughout the season. Any weapon attachments earned in Black Ops Cold War will carry over to Warzone.
The update also adds two new Operators, a new Battle Pass, and a progression system that synchronizes across Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare while previous rewards will remain unlocked.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season One begins on Wednesday, Dec. 16 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- NPD December: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War Ends 2020 as Best-Selling Game; PS5 Sales Remain Positive
- New Zombies Map Announced Early for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Offers Free Zombies For Limited Time
- SuperData: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tops 2020’s Highest-Earning Premium Digital Games
- Call of Duty: Mobile Enjoys Explosive First Week in China, Earning $14 Million