Today on the PS Blog, Sony unveiled which entertainments apps would be ready to go for the PS5 at launch.
While it’s not as exciting as games, these days many people spend just as much time in their apps as they do their games, so knowing which ones will be available right away is helpful. Here’s the full list:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Prime Video
- “and more”
Just about every heavy hitter I can think of made the cut and nothing major appears to be missing. I had to look up MyCanal though, it’s apparently a French streaming service, just in case those of you in the ‘States like myself are wondering.
While it may seem like a guarantee that apps like Hulu and Twitch will be there, there’s still no word if the Nintendo Switch will get Netflix any time, well, ever. This is in spite of the fact that the 3DS of all things had a Netflix app.
The blog post also reminds us that there will be a dedicated space in the new PS5 UI dedicated for media apps like the ones above which is designed to make it quicker to switch around.
Considering how sluggish the PS4 UI is at this point, I’ll take anything that makes the process of jumping between apps faster.
Finally, they also shared a picture of the new PS5 media remote. Enjoy, it’s sleek:
- Martha is Dead Gets Unnerving New Trailer; Confirmed for PS4 & PS5
- Sony: PS5’s Launch Is PlayStation’s Biggest Ever; More Stock Is on the Way Soon
- Go! Go! 5D Game Neptunia ReVerse for PS5 Gets Colorful New Screenshots Showing Plenty of Waifus
- Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay on PS5 & PS4 Pro Revealed
- Call of Duty Reclaims the UK Throne, But Spider-Man Miles Morales Tops Boxed PS5 Sales