Genshin Impact might be a free-to-play game capable of running on mobile devices, but don’t let that fool you into thinking the world of Tevyat is small. On the contrary, its vast open-world is comparable with many blockbuster premium games. But are there mounts in Genshin Impact that you can use to speed across the sandbox quickly? Here’s your answer.
Are There Mounts in Genshin Impact? Answered
No, as of right now there are no mounts in Genshin Impact. Your primary mode of travel is on foot, while gliding is something you’ll unlock very early on in the game and cuts down on the amount of traversal you’ll have to do (assuming you can find some high ground).
But the possibility of mounts in Genshin Impact isn’t a closed case.
Over in a FAQ on Genshin Impact’s official website, everybody’s favorite travel companion, Paimon, speaks to the question of mounts in the game, explaining that:
“The cute animals in Teyvat are used to freedom at the moment… Give them (and us) more time and we will see.”
To us, that sounds as though developer miHoYo is leaving the door open to mounts being added to Genshin Impact. It would certainly be cool if you could tame and mount wild boars and other animals that roam around Tevyat. Maybe one day soon?
For now, you’ll have to stick to running around on foot and gliding from hilltops. Remember, it’s always worth unlocking Teleport points so that you can fast travel from area to area, too. They’re dotted around Tevyat pretty generously, and other points of interest like Domains can also be teleported to even if you’re not at a high enough Adventure Rank to actually enter them.
- New Genshin Impact Trailer Shows New Character Rosaria’s Gameplay In Action
- Genshin Impact PS5 Version Announced; Improved Performance & DualSense Support
- New Genshin Impact Trailer Shows the Beautiful New Character Rosaria in Action
- Genshin Impact Has Made Over $1 Billion on Mobile, Zhongli & Xiao Listed as Most Popular Characters Since December
- Genshin Impact Bug Allows Players to Farm Regional Resources Way Quicker than Before