Blathers might be creeped out by the insects in Animal Crossing New Horizons, but we love catching them! They’re cool, sometimes loud like the Cricket, and make an educational addition to your island’s museum. In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Cricket, its location, sell price, and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s fly right into the guide.
Cricket Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Cricket can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: September-November
- Southern Hemisphere: March-May
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Cricket can be found between 5pm and 8am. Make sure to catch it while it’s on your island since it’s only around a couple of months a year.
Catching the Cricket in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch one of these “buggers.” Equip your bug net and make sure you’re holding it, approach the ground where you have spotted a Cricket slowly and release your net when you are close enough to catch it!
There you have it– your very own Cricket! If you find yourself having trouble finding one, listen out for a distinctive unique chirping. This insect is not quiet, much like the others in the game.
As mentioned above, you need to approach this bug slowly to be able to catch it. If you walk too quickly, it will jump away before you can get close enough to it.
Cricket Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Cricket, you can earn just 130 bells from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. If you wait until Flick is around, you can fetch a slightly nicer 195 bells!
There you have it– how to catch the chirpy Cricket on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New March Bugs, Fish & Sea Creatures You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Gets Hello Kitty and Sanrio Items in March
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Mario Items
- Here’s How the Mario Warp Pipes Will Work in Animal Crossing: New Horizons