These days, more than a few anime watchers will complain and make jokes about One Piece‘s episode count. But in reality, One Piece isn’t one of the top five longest anime of all time. Despite having over 900 episodes, it actually isn’t even in the top 10.
For those who are curious, here are the top five longest-running anime of all time, ranked by episode count.
Most of the anime on this list might not be very recognizable at all to most people in the west. Doraemon is probably the most known show in this top five. It even got a video game release just last year.
The Doraemon anime has multiple runs on air, but its longest started back in 1979 and ended in 2005, with a total of 1787 episodes.
It follows lazy fourth grader Nobita Nobi’s adventures with a robotic cat named Doraemon. This blue robot is sent from the future to guide Nobita, preventing him from making mistakes that could lead to a bleak future.
- 5 Best Anime Coming to Funimation in 2021
- Just Some Anime Memes to Start Your Weekend off Right
- Pacific Rim: The Black Anime Gets New Trailer from Netflix Showing Characters and Story
- Classic Anime UFO Robot Grendizer Getting Game for PC & Console by Microids
- Azur Lane Reveals Next Major Event With Plenty of Soviet Shipgirls & Anime Trailer