While it’s not quite as good as that other Pokemon mobile game from Niantic, Pokemon Masters is still a pretty decent Pokemon battle game to check out, and it’s still receiving consistent updates. The latest update is, as you might expect, summer-themed and it comes with two new sync pairs and some extra features.
For starters, the Summer Superstars event will bring about a new string of story missions to play, along with two new sync pairs: Summer Steven and Alolan Sandslash, as well as Summer Lyra and Jigglypuff.
The following features have also been added with the new update:
- All Sync Pair Moves Unlocked: All sync pairs will now have their moves and passive skills unlocked from the moment they are obtained, providing players with more strategic gameplay options from the outset. All sync pairs will also have their initial level caps increased to Level 100, allowing players to focus on other attributes when training sync pairs.
- Stamina System Introduced: A stamina function has been introduced to the game on a trial basis. A player’s stamina is depleted when playing certain battles, recovering over time. A number of other improvements have been made to the game to streamline the addition of the stamina system, including the use of skip tickets, allowing players to skip a battle while still obtaining its rewards, and the Player Rank system, where total stamina capacity will be commensurate with a player’s rank.
- Bug-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Bug-type Pokémon such as Scyther, Pinsir, Weedle, and Venonat. Rare shiny versions of Pinsir and Scyther can also be obtained. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. This event is available now until August 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
- Summer Superstars – Login Bonus: Players that log in to the game daily until August 16 at 10:59PM Pacific time will be able to receive up to 1,400 Gems.
- Player Appreciation Gift – 3,000 Gems: A one-time gift of 3,000 Gems, stamina, and skip tickets will be provided to all players that log in to the game before August 11 at 10:59PM Pacific time.
The event will run till Aug. 16, so you have until then to check out the new content. Pokemon Masters is now available on iOS and Android devices.