Infinity Ward announced today that Season 5 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone will be launching later today with new game modes, map, operator, and a new event.
Season 5: Reloaded will add a new game mode for Warzone called King Slayer, a team deathmatch mode where the circle moves around the map rather than collapsing. Top players will be marked as “kings,” and eliminating them grants additional points and a free Killstreak.
Modern Warfare will receive the Ground War Reinforced mode, where three flags are placed near the middle of the map and players cannot respawn until a flag is captured. The round ends when all three flags have been claimed by one team.
Both will receive the new light machine gun, the FiNN LMG, available at launch by in-game challenge or purchasing the “Mainframe” bundle and “spaghetti western-loving gunslinger” operator Morte available in bundles later this season.
Infinity Ward will kick off the Games of Summer event later this week on Friday, Aug. 28 and will run until Sept. 7. The event offers Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone players five single-player Trials to earn “vehicle skins, XP tokens, vehicle horns, calling cards, and Legendary weapon blueprints” for completing medals in each challenge.
Players will have unlimited tries to complete each Trial, and earning gold in each Trial rewards a Legendary Assault Rifle Juliet Blueprint. Players will also be competing for their country, based on the account’s origin, and the winning country will be crowned at the end of the event.
The full schedule for when Games of Summer Trials begin:
- Aug. 28 – Gun Course: Make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties.
- Aug. 29 – Price’s Alley: Eliminate an endless series of enemy targets while avoiding civilian targets to maintain the combo for as long as possible.
- Aug. 30 – Risky Parkour: Move through each checkpoint and finish the course as quickly as possible. Beware the heavy toxic gas on low ground.
- Aug. 31 – Shooting Range: Locate and shoot all targets in the area as quickly as possible while conserving ammunition.
- Sept. 1 – Marksman Challenge: Engage waves of long-distance targets and beat the clock. Missed shots burn time.
The Gunfight mode receives a new map with Games of Summer taking place on the field within Verdansk Stadium. All players can join the Gunfight Tournament during Free Access Weekend from Aug. 28 to Sept. 2.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 5: Reloaded begins on all platforms on Aug. 24 at 11 p.m. PT/Aug. 25 at 2 a.m. ET.