Whether it’s because you want power over the elements or just like playing the piped piper, those who want to unlock new melodies are going to have to get busy finding a certain wee bug. Here’s how to get Singing Crickets in Ghost of Tsushima.
In case you hadn’t put two and two together, playing the flute in Sucker Punch’s latest samurai action game is how you change the weather. There are four different tunes to unlock, each changing the conditions to either sunny, rainy, stormy, or foggy.
From the very start of the game, you’ll have access to “Sun’s Warm Embrace,” which changes the weather to sunny conditions. To get the other three melodies, you’ll have to find Singing Crickets. Each new tune requires five crickets to unlock.
How to Get Singing Crickets in Ghost of Tsushima
Singing Crickets are almost all found in cemeteries dotted around Tsushima’s two islands. You’ll encounter at least a few during main story quests and side quests, but otherwise finding them takes a bit of exploration.
Luckily, as with a number of other activities in the game, you can set the Guiding Wind to locate Singing Cricket locations. This option, however, is only available when you have the Traveller’s Attire equipped. You should have this armor set already as part of the main storyline of the game.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Hit the options button on your controller, then press right on the d-pad to set the Guiding Wind.
- Cycle through your available Guiding Wind Targets to find “Undiscovered Singing Crickets.
- Press X (change into the Traveller’s Attire if necessary), then follow the wind to that location. Keep upswiping to navigate.
- Ghost of Tsushima’s Best Moments Are the Chill Ones
- Impressive Ghost of Tsushima Stats Revealed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Is a Breath of Fresh Air After The Last of Us Part II
- Ghost of Tsushima: How to Unlock Lethal Difficulty & What’s New
- Ghost of Tsushima: How to Get Wax Wood