With the release of Minecraft’s Nether update, Piglins can now be found in this spooky, late-game area. This is a new mob that, while hostile to players by default, can actually trade rare items with the players. There’s a trick to trading with Piglins in Minecraft, and we’re going to run you through it.
How to Trade With Piglins
The first thing you need to do is craft at least a Gold Helmet. If you can craft, or have any other Gold armor that’ll do, too. Make sure you equip any gold piece of armor before entering the Nether, as this will prevent Piglins from attacking you.
You’ll also want to make sure you’ve got plenty of Gold Ingots with you before heading into the Nether. This is the only thing you can use to trade with Piglins.
With some gold armor equipped, make your way into the Nether. Once you’re here, you’ll need to head to any of the following locations to find Piglins:
- Crimson Forests
- Nether Wastes
When you then spot a Piglin, walk over to it and either throw a Gold Ingot near it, or have a Gold Ingot in your hand and use it on the Piglin.
The Piglin will then take the ingot and will examine it for about five to 10 seconds. After this animation has finished, the Piglin will throw a random item at the player.
A Piglin can give you any of the following items listed below. We’ve also listed their drop rate (provided by the gamepedia page):
- Enchanted Book with Soul Speed (Random level) – 1.18%
- Iron Boots with Soul Speed (Random level) – 1.89%
- Iron Nugget – 2.36%
- Splash Potion of Fire Resistance – 2.36%
- Potion of Fire Resistance – 2.36%
- Nether Quartz – 4.73%
- Glowstone Dust – 4.73%
- Magma Cream – 4.73%
- Ender Peal – 4.73%
- String – 4.73%
- Fire Charge – 9.46%
- Gravel – 9.46%
- Leather – 9.46%
- Nether Brick – 9.46%
- Obsidian – 9.46%
- Crying Obsidian – 9.46%
- Soul Sand – 9.46%
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Trading with Piglins in Minecraft
- Equip at least a Gold Helmet or other Gold Armor
This will make sure Piglins are no longer hostile to you.
- Stock Up on Gold Ingots
Piglins will only trade for Gold Ingots.
- Go to the Nether and go to Crimson Forests, Bastions, or Nether Wastes Biomes to find Piglins
- Drop a Gold Ingot or use one on a Piglin
They’ll expect the Gold Ingot for 5-10 seconds.
- The Piglin will drop an item in exchange for the Gold Ingot
Pick up your new item from the Piglin.
That’s everything you need to know on trading with Piglins in Minecraft. For more on Minecraft 1.16 and what awaits in the Nether, check out more of our coverage below.
- Minecraft: How to Dye Leather Armor
- Minecraft Dungeons Prequel Novel Coming Soon & Author Details Story
- Minecraft Dungeons Mason & Diamond Dust: Everything You Need to Know
- Minecraft Dungeons’ Latest Update Includes a New Level, First Expansion Now Live
- Minecraft Creeper Crunch Cereal is a Real, Upcoming Thing