Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is currently in Early Access, which means it’s being updated very often as developers work on gradually improving the game.
Yey, today they shared something more substantial than the usual patch notes, in the form of an official forum post in which we get a very handy overview of the plans for the game’s single-player and for its engine.
There are some really interesting elements in the list, including replays, more kingdom options (including the ability to create your own while ignoring the main quest), new content, and more.
You can check out the whole list below while keeping in mind that it’s “neither all-encompassing nor set in stone.” The developers might adjust it if the need arises.
- Kingdom & Politics
- A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
- Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
- Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
- Character System
- New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
- Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
- Issues and Quests
- Adding New Quests
- Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
- Main Storyline Content
- Execution Consequences
- Map Conversation Improvements
- Hideout Improvements
- Simulation Health
- Kingdom strengths
- Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
- Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
- Bug Fixes
- AI performance optimizations
- Formation system performance optimizations
- Memory management improvements
- Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
- Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
- Additional fixes on siege battles
- Agent AI combat enhancements
- Improvements to the Order of Battle System
- Improvements to the Order User Interface
- Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
- Better support for modders in the sound system.
- Bug Fixes
- Updating existing and creating new scenes
- Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
- Adding new weapon parts for crafting
- Creating new armor design concepts
- Improving Animations
- Facegen Polish / Improvements
- Conversation Animations Polish
- Improving Game Menu Art
- World Map Improvements
- Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
- GPU optimizations for low end configs
- Fixing spikes throughout the game
- Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
- Replay Editor
- Modding Tools & Documentation
- Refactoring some campaign related classes.
- Savegame cleanup and improvements
- Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is currently available for PC in early access. PS4 and Xbox One versions are also planned, with no release window.