Doom Eternal might’ve been overshadowed a little by a tiny game called Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but the support for it has been consistent. Bethesda and id Software will be releasing the brand new Update 1 for the game soon, and it includes a handful of major changes.
The first big addition comes in the form of Empowered Demons. According to the official post, whenever a player is killed in their campaign, the demon that killed them “is beefed up and transported to another player’s game to fight again.” If you manage to beat this powered up enemy, you’ll get tons of health and ammo, along with extra bonus experience points.
Battlemode and the single-player campaign are also getting some improvements, such as expanded demon tutorials, water dashing, along with a better Death Report system to offer players more insight into how they were killed in-game.
Doom Eternal is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can read up on the full details of the upcoming update here.
- Check Out Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two’s Explosive Full Trailer
- Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two Revealed in New Teaser
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals