One of the most hotly anticipated games of 2020, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a full, from the ground up remake of the beloved 1997 PS1 game. It takes players back to Midgar to revisit familiar faces like Cloud, Barret, Tifa, and Aerith. It also introduces a few new mechanics and tweaks to keep things feeling fresh. Here’s what you need to know about manuscripts in Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Manuscripts in Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Manuscripts are items that you can pick up and collect in Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but the game never actually explains to you what they are, or that they even exist. In fact, the first time you come across them is about 40% into the game, when you reach the Sector 5 slums with Aerith.
While at the kids’ secret hideout, you’ll find the Moogle Emporium, where Moggie sells four different manuscripts for five Moogle Medals each. These manuscripts will grant 10 SP to a specific character, allowing them to upgrade their weapons even further.
Past that, though, there isn’t really any indication that there are more to be found in the game. However, there are.
How to Get Them
Aside from the four that you can get at the Moogle Emporium, you can get four more by completing challenges at the Corneo Colosseum in Wall Market. Once you unlock it, you can complete individual challenges with Cloud, Barret, Tifa, and Aerith to unlock one manuscript each, which teaches them a new Limit Break.
Here’s the full list:
- Ascension: Obtained by beating Cloud vs. Wild Animals at the Colosseum.
- Catastrophe: Obtained by beating Barret vs. Wild Animals at the Colosseum.
- Dolphin Flurry: Obtained by beating Tifa vs. Wild Animals at the Colosseum.
- Planet’s Protection: Obtained by beating Aerith vs. Wild Animals at the Colosseum.
These are all special Legacy manuscripts that will grant your characters their new Limit Break abilities. Apart from the eight that we’ve listed so far, there are still 48 of them to be found in Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and they can be obtained through Hard Mode.
By replaying the game in Hard Mode, most of the bosses and side quests will reward you with the rest of the manuscripts to let you level up your weapons even faster.
- 4K & HD Final Fantasy 7 Remake Wallpapers You Need to Make Your Desktop Background
- How to Get the Best Dress for Cloud in Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- 7 Big Questions We Have After Beating Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Spoilers)
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Best Materia Combinations & Builds
- Inside Final Fantasy 7 Remake Episode 5 Is About Its Superb Graphics