While opening day of the 2020 MLB season has been delayed due to the outbreak of Coronavirus, MLB The Show 20 carries on. If you’re here, you’re probably wondering how the team ratings and rankings for MLB The Show 20 shook out this year for online play and Franchise. Let’s dive into that a bit.
First off, let me point out that the full list, as of launch day for MLB The Show 20 can be found below. There are a few obvious ones, but also a few head-scratching choices as well.
The L.A. Dodgers being number one is certainly not a surprise. They retained a lot of their pitching and added Mookie Betts during the off-season, a major pick up.
The Nationals might be being oversold a little bit coming off of their World Series run where they were an underdog in every series they were in, but I can’t fault San Diego Studio for giving the champs their due.
Where I’m most puzzled, especially as a New Yorker, is how the Mets are rated 4th and the Yankees are rated 10th in MLB The Show 20. The Mets certainly have a high ceiling if everything breaks their way, but to rate them that high above the Yankees, a team that is largely intact after their ALCS run last year, and added the best pitcher in baseball that is Gerrit Cole during the off-season is… an interesting choice to say the least.
Well anyway, that’s enough yapping from us. You can see the full list of team ratings and rankings in MLB The Show 20 below. See anything you think is off? Let us know what you think of the ratings and rankings in the comments below.
All Team Ratings and Rankings in MLB The Show 20
- Los Angeles Dodgers (13th Contact, 3rd Power, 1st Pitching, 1st Defense, Speed 3rd)
- Houston Astros (1st Contact, 6th Power, 3rd Pitching, 11th Defense, 4th Speed)
- Washington Nationals (4th Contact, 16th Power, 2nd Pitching, 22nd Defense, 12th Speed)
- New York Mets (7th Contact, 8th Power, 4th Pitching, 28th Defense, 18th Speed)
- Atlanta Braves (9th Contact, 15th Power, 8th Pitching, 7th Defense, 13th Speed)
- Minnesota Twins (3rd Contact, 1st Power, 7th Pitching, 12th Defense, 23rd Speed)
- Chicago Cubs (16th Contact, 2nd Power,14th Pitching, 13th Defense, 14th Speed)
- Cleveland Indians (19th Contact, 13th Power, 12th Pitching, 8th Defense, 20th Speed)
- Tampa Bay Rays (17th Contact, 14th Power, 5th Pitching, 2nd Defense, 16th Speed)
- New York Yankees (11th Contact, 12th Power, 6th Pitching, 29th Defense, 21st Speed)
- Cincinnati Reds (14th Contact, 4th Power, 13th Pitching, 27th Defense, 30th Speed)
- Oakland Athletics (20th Contact, 5th Power, 10th Pitching, 3rd Defense, 22nd Speed)
- St. Louis Cardinals (25th Contact, 22nd Power, 9th Pitching, 4th Defense, Speed 11th)
- San Diego Padres (23rd Contact, 17th Power, 11th Pitching, 6th Defense, 8th Speed)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (18th Contact, 23rd Power, 16th Pitching, 9th Defense, 10th Speed)
- Boston Red Sox (8th Contact, 20th Power, 17th Pitching, 17th Defense, 25th Speed)
- Chicago White Sox (5th Contact, 7th Power, 19th Pitching, 24th Defense, 5th Speed)
- Los Angeles Angels (12th Contact, 18th Power, 20th Pitching, 5th Defense, 24th Speed)
- Philadelphia Phillies (22nd Contact, 21st Power, 18th Pitching, 10th Defense, 2nd Speed)
- Texas Rangers (26th Contact, 9th Power, 15th Pitching, 23rd Defense, 26th Speed)
- Milwaukee Brewers (6th Contact, 10th Power, 22nd Pitching, Defense, 20th Speed)
- Colorado Rockies (2nd Contact, 19th Power, 26th Pitching, 15th Defense, 1st Speed)
- Kansas City Royals (27th Contact, 24th Power, 25th Pitching, 16th Defense, 15th Speed)
- Miami Marlins (15th Contact, 29th Power, 24th Pitching, 18th Defense, 6th Speed)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (10th Contact, 30th Power, 23rd Pitching, 14th Defense, 19th Speed)
- Toronto Blue Jays (29th Contact, 11th Power, 21st Pitching, 19th Defense, 9th Speed)
- San Francisco Giants (21st Contact, 28th Power, 27th Pitching, 21st Defense, 29th Speed)
- Seattle Mariners (28th Contact, 26th Power, 29th Pitching, 26th Defense, 7th Speed)
- Detroit Tigers (24th Contact, 27th Power, 30th Pitching, 25th Defense, 17th Speed)
- Baltimore Orioles (30th Contact, 25th Power, 28th Pitching, 30th Defense, 27th Speed)
- MLB The Show 20: How to Hit & Get Home Runs
- MLB The Show 20: How to Get Stubs Fast and Easy
- MLB The Show 20: How to Rob Home Runs
- Is MLB The Show 20 Coming to PC? Answered
- MLB The Show 20: How to Steal (RTTS & All Other Modes)