Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been hyped up for quite some time. The game is the first entry in the series since 2012’s New Leaf, and as such players cannot wait to see how far the series has come along. Of course, with so many players still owning a Nintendo 3DS, and the last game releasing on the console, many players are wondering if Animal Crossing: New Horizons is coming to 3DS.
Animal Crossing New Horizons on 3DS? What You Need to Know
We’ve got to be the bearers of bad news this time around. Animal Crossing: New Horizons will only be releasing on Nintendo Switch and will not come to the 3DS (or 2DS).
This is most likely because New Horizons requires a little bit more processing power than the 3DS is able to give, where the Switch can. With this being a new mainline entry in the series for quite some time, Nintendo will want to make sure it lives up to fans’ expectations.
Part of that comes down to improving the visuals and the amount of new features in the game, something that the 3DS may have struggled with given its age and compact size.
Nintendo has also likely opted to bring Animal Crossing: New Horizons to the Nintendo Switch to tempt players to pick up its new system if they haven’t already. A massive IP like Animal Crossing is sure to bring some new Switch owners into the fold.
There you have your answer to: “is Animal Crossing: New Horizons coming to 3DS?” You can search for Twinfinite for more on the game, or check out more of our coverage below.
- More Seasonal Updates Coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Here’s What Animal Crossing: New Horizons Needs For a Fun-Filled Second Year
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Is Getting Updates and New Features for Its One Year Anniversary
- 10 Animal Crossing: New Horizons Villagers That Would Be Perfect Build-A-Bears
- Build-A-Bear Is Introducing an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Collection