What You Need to Know About Assault Rifle Changes in Fornite Season 8
The new Fortnite season has finally arrived, bringing with it a volcanic new setting alongside a heap of new cosmetics, challenges, weapons, and more to sink your teeth into. Some adjustments have been made to Assault Rifles in the game’s latest update, so here’s what you need to know about Assault Rifle changes in Fortnite Season 8.
First off, the total number of Assault Rifles currently available will remain completely unchanged, nothing is being taken away or vaulted that hasn’t already. However, the availability of higher tier Assault Rifles is being somewhat reduced, great weapons now being that bit harder to come by in the middle of a scrap.
Also in the Assault Rifle changes, Common quality Assault Rifles are being made that much more abundant, raising the odds above 50 percent, with Uncommon Assault Rifles also seeing a boost. There’ll be a lot of weaker weapons about, meaning the already scarce, top tier Rifles are becoming that bit more elusive.
The stats for Assault Rifle changes are as follows:
- Boosted chance of receiving a Common quality Assault Rifle from 48.56% to 56.30%
- Boosted chance of receiving an Uncommon quality Assault Rifle from 26.83% to 28.15%
- Decreased the chances of receiving a Rare quality Assault Rifle from 16.17% to 10.91%
- Decreased the chances of receiving an Epic quality Assault Rifle from 7.02% to 3.53%
- Decreased the chances of receiving a Legendary quality Assault Rifle from 1.82% to 1.13%
These Assault Rifle changes can seem slight, but they’re to even out the playing field what with the new addition of features like the Lava and Volcanic Vents to be found, avoided or utilized. There’s also a brand new Pirate Cannon thrown into the mix, to blast all scurvy, dabbing dogs into tiny pieces.
That’s it for the assault rifle changes in Fortnite Season 8. For more on Fortnite Season 8, check out our growing wiki for more guides, tips, tricks, and info on the latest features to be added like Party Assist and vaulted weapons and items.