World of Warcraft’s next expansion is poised to release August 30, but Blizzard will be dropping content for Legion for a couple of months past that initial launch.
Normal and Heroic dungeons will be open right as Legion goes live, but Mythic difficulty won’t join until the weekly dungeon reset which, as of an expansion pre-patch, has been moved to Wednesday. More specifically, 07:00:00 UTC for all European realms and 15:00:00 UTC for all North American, Latin American, and Oceanic realms.
The Emerald Nightmare Raid won’t be opening until September 20, with Mythic difficulty available a week later on September 27.
LFR players will be the last to access Emerald Nightmare, with Raid Finder for wings opening up at the end of September and through October.
You can check out a handy list of Legion dates, courtesy of Blizzard, below.
- Tuesday, August 30–When Legion is live, dungeons will immediately be available on Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic dungeon difficulty will be available after the weekly dungeon reset time.
- Tuesday, September 20–The Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens on Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic Keystones will begin dropping which will allow increased challenge and rewards from Mythic dungeons.
- Tuesday, September 27–Mythic difficulty for the Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens. The first wing of Raid Finder difficulty for Emerald Nightmare opens.
- Tuesday, October 11–Raid Finder Wing 2 of Emerald Nightmare opens.
- Tuesday, October 25–Raid Finder Wing 3 of Emerald Nightmare opens.