Automatron, Fallout 4’s first major expansion, has finally released on the PC, Xbox One, and the PlayStation 4. Players can now jump into the war against the machines as the Mechanist unleashes its deadly, mechanical horde. Of course, as is the case with most expansions, jumping into the action requires a few steps.
- Step 1: Install – Obviously, you’re going to want to make sure that the expansion is installed. You can check this by looking at the main menu when you first start the game. Scroll down to Add-Ons and choose that option. If Automatron is not listed then you need to go into your platform’s store (PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, Steam) and download the content. If you’re on PlayStation 4 in NA, you’ll need to wait until Mar. 22 at 1 PM EST.
- Step 2: Advance Past the Beginning – You’ll need to finish the first part of the game that leads to you being free. If you’re returning to Fallout 4, then you’ve already done this and can skip over this step.
- Step 3: Distress Signal – Once you pass the opening section of the game a new Quest will be added to the Data tab of your Pip-Boy. It will give you the frequency for a distress signal. Simply head to the Radio tab of your Pip-Boy and select the frequency. Give it a listen and you’re off to the races.
- Step 4: Wattz Consumer Electronics – The action really begins when you head to this location. That’s when you’ll finally be able to see all of the fuss concerning robots and other cool things Automatron has to offer to Fallout 4 players. It’s located just to the northwest of the C.I.T. Ruins. The game should give you a checkpoint, but just in case it doesn’t:
- Step 5: Enjoy – You’re now in the heat of it. Why robots are attacking, and what companions you will build is entirely up to you. Just remember to be careful out there, the world will kill you.
That’s all you need to get started in Automatron. If you need any more help getting into the cruel world be sure to check out our tips and tricks.