The Chaperone is Destiny: The Taken King‘s powerhouse shotgun, equippable by all classes. It’s a new exotic that will lay waste to all your foes, provided you actually get it first, that is.
“My mother had a shotgun we called the Chaperone. Kept us alive out there, before we got to the City.” – Amanda Holliday
First, you’ll need the quest. After completing The Taken King’s entire main storyline, go to the Tower. Amanda Holliday, the shipwright, will give you the ‘Jolly Holliday’ quest.
You’ll then need to use The Last Word (a handcanon Exotic) in the Crucible, getting kills and assists to reach 100 points. Kills count as 1 point towards the 100 necessary, killstreaks give bonuses, and deaths take away 2 points.
You will then speak to Amanda Holliday again. Next, you need to purchase a 15,000 glimmer “Generous Donation” from the Cryptarch. Then, speak to Amanda again. After that, use whatever shotgun you’d like to kill some high-level, yellow bar minions. Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to kill the Shield Brothers from the 290 light level strike with a shotgun as the killing blow. And finally, talk to Amanda Holliday one last time to complete the chain of quests. You’ll receive the Chaperone once the new weekly reset hits.
The Chaperone can be updated with these perks:
- Solar Damage – This weapon causes Solar Damage.
- The Chaperone – This weapon fires a single precision slug. Grants Agility boost.
- Infuse – Consume a more powerful weapon to boost the Attack value of this weapon.
- Accurized Ballistics – More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Linear Compensator – More predictable recoil.
- Field Choke – More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- The Roadborn – Precision kills briefly grant bonus handling, range and precision damage with this weapon.
- Single Point Sling – Switch weapons faster. Move quicker while aiming.
- Snapshot – Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast.
- Field Scout – Increases carried Ammo capacity.
- The Survivor – Three rapid precision kills while Born on the Road is active will return two rounds to the chamber.
Good luck, guardians!