The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is full of a surprising amount of enemies. There are over a dozen different categories, each with plenty of entries, and every single monster on those lists will kill you when given the opportunity. While they all offer their own particular brand of threat, none are as annoyingly difficult as the Werewolf. Here’s how to kill werewolves easily in The Witcher 3.
How to Kill Werewolves in The Witcher 3
The attacks of the Werewolf aren’t particularly interesting. Yes, the beast is a bit more powerful than some of the others you’ll come across in the game, but there are plenty of enemies in the game you could say the exact same thing about. What makes the Werewolf such a troubling encounter is its ability to prolong the simplest of fights.
The werewolf has the ability to heal the damage it has received at a rather quick pace. This means you can spend a while whittling away at its health bar only to have it completely heal itself in a very short period of time as you try and avoid death.
This forces the player to either rely on items or take a particularly direct approach in the battle against the lycanthropes of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
As far as items go, Moon Dust and Devil’s Puffball bombs are great at limiting the werewolf abilities and dealing extreme damage respectively. Cursed Oil is a definite boon to Geralt’s damage output, but since it must be applied to your sword before battle, it isn’t always an option, especially on a first encounter.
On the next page, we’ll go over the werewolf’s weaknesses to make it easier to kill.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold Over 18 Million Copies; The Witcher 3 at Over 40 Million as CD Projekt Announces Results
- The Witcher 3 Youtuber Finds the “Last Secret” by Meditating for 7 Years
- The Witcher 3 Game Director Form New “Rebel Wolves” Studio to Create New RPG in Unreal Engine 5
- Cyberpunk 2077 & The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Updates for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, & PC Delayed to 2022
- The Witcher 3 Getting Gorgeous Yennefer Kunoichi Figure