DrinkBox Studios, the guys who brought us indie hit Guacamelee!, has just revealed its newest game in a press release today.
This one’s called Severed which stars a female warrior who finds herself lost in a strange new world. Players will piece the unnamed warrior’s story together as the game progresses and experience a zany, colourful world in Severed.
More details about this trippy-looking game were also provided:
– Take on the role of a heroine in this first-person, dungeon crawleresque adventure
– Mysterious highly stylized surreal world to explore
– Natural-motion based mechanics to combat enemies and explore/interact with the world
– Nonlinear gameplay gives players autonomy over upgrade paths
– Light RPG elements, including spells and items that progressively upgrade the main character
– Battle multiple enemies simultaneously, each with their own strengths and weaknesses to discover
– Original soundtrack from Juno nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN and kulintang ensemble Pantayo
Severed looks pretty intriguing, to say the least. It’s eye-popping colours and blocky art-style make the game stand out and is definitely a title indie-lovers should be on the lookout for. You can check out its announcement trailer here.
Severed has been slated for a release in spring 2015.