Dispel the blurriness!
World of Final Fantasy’s previous patch added PS4 Pro support for the game. However, users reported that the patch caused the game to look a little blurry or distorted when hooking up the console to their monitors and television sets. While the added Pro support was nice, the visual glitches and bugs were a little off-putting, to say the least.
Thankfully, Square Enix will be rolling out patch 1.02 fairly soon to address this issue, as well as a few others. The patch will be rolling out on January 12 in Japan, but there’s still no word on when the western release will get it. Here are the highlights of the patch, as translated by Gematsu:
- Added “Theater Mode” to title menu – View the event scenes that occur during the game again at any time via Theater Mode.
- Added PS Vita version voice data download guide – A DLC check is now done when you select “From the Beginning” or “Continue.” If you haven’t downloaded the voice DLC, the game will start following a system message.
- Added a “Puzzle Switch” activation notification – A message is now displayed when you meet the requirements to activate a “Puzzle Switch.”
- Added a ‘how to be rewarded notification’ when you clear the “Vestiges of Life” Intervention Quest – A hint message is displayed when you clear the “Vestiges of Life” Intervention Quest. If you have already cleared the quest and did not receive a reward, a hint message will be displayed at Sylver Park.
- PlayStation 4 Pro support fix – Fixed a bug that blurs the screen when connected to a 2K monitor.
- Other bug fixes
World of Final Fantasy is now available on the PS4 and PS Vita.
- Tekken 7 to Add Kuma and Panda to the Roster, Will Have Online Tournaments
- Check Out Gameplay Footage of Nioh’s Ogress Boss Fight on the PS4 Pro
- Halo Player Creates Fully Functional Calculator in Forge