The saga continues.
Koei Tecmo announced Dynasty Warriors 9 during their lineup broadcast over the weekend, and it looks like it’s going to shake up the formula quite a bit. Straight after the Japanese announcement, both Koei Tecmo US and UK also stated that the game will be getting a western release as well.
Here are the details, courtesy of Gematsu:
- When it came down to the next numbered title, in thinking that it would be pointless to follow the same pattern, they figured that a new Dynasty Warriors would be most interesting if it used an open world.
- All of China is reproduced. While the Chinese land is a vast one, there are a lot of mountains, so places where battles can take place are limited. For this reason, they’re creating places like Hulao Pass and Zhongyuan in detail.
- Know-how is shared within the company. Because the nature of the open world is different from that of Toukiden 2, that technology cannot be used as it is, but that which can be appropriated will be utilized.
- They want to change input methods such as Square button for a standard attack and Triangle button for a charge attack. The concept of “being a match for a thousand” will remain, so something like Musou Ranbu will remain.
- They’re aiming to make Zhao Cang a comedic character. His weapon is the “Dai Satsu Katana.” It is large and offers dynamic actions. He is a character that combines both excitement and speed, and promises to be fun to use.
There’s no confirmation on which platforms Dynasty Warriors 9 will be coming to just yet, but we’ll keep you updated as more info comes our way.
- YouTuber Recreates Overwatch Weapons Entirely Out of LEGO
- Meet Tokugawa Ieyasu in this New Nioh Cutscene
- Resident Evil 7 Beginning Hour Demo Now Available on PC