Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls will be coming to North America in September, but those living in Europe will have to wait a little longer for the game. Nintendo has just announced, via Gematsu, that the game will be arriving in Europe in spring 2017. Here are the features of the upcoming sequel:
- Embark on an all-new adventure in Springdale with more than 350 new and returning Yo-kai to discover and befriend-each with a unique look, personality, and Soultimate Moves.
- Assemble your team of 6 Yo-kai on your Yo-kai Watch to battle troublemaking Yo-kai, solve people’s problems, and end a civil war between competing Yo-kai factions.
- Touchscreen-based battle actions initiate powerful Soultimate Moves, purify inspirited Yo-kai, and heal your Yo-kai.
- Ride trains to new surrounding areas, such as the countryside village Harrisville and seaside town of San Fantastico
- Travel back in time to discover the origin of the Yo-kai Watch and meet Classic Yo-kai from 60 years ago, while you ensure the Yo-Kai Watch Model Zero is created and your timeline is preserved.
- Team up with up to 4 players in an all-new action-based local multiplayer mode (additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.).
- For the first time, challenge your friend’s team over the Internet in addition to local wireless in 2-player multiplayer battles.
- Get one of three special Yo-kai (Buchinyan, Noko, or Komasan) by using data from the original YO-KAI WATCH game.
- Will launch with two versions – YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits and YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls each featuring Yo-kai that can only be befriended in their respective games.
- Collect, detect, and connect real-world Yo-kai Watch™ YO-MOTION medals (each sold separately, available late 2016), for use with the Hasbro produced Yo-kai Watch Model Zero™ watch (each sold separately, available late 2016), and scan the codes on the back of the medals to get in-game content, like new Yo-kai, items, or other bonuses.
- In addition to the games, Disney XD has acquired a second season of the YO-KAI WATCH animated TV show, which will premiere this summer.
Unfortunately, since the Nintendo 3DS is region-locked, it’ll be a little difficult for European fans to get their hands on the North American version once it releases next month. We’ll keep you updated once the game gets a solid release date locked in for Europe.