For fans of The Witcher, especially the Henry Cavill variant on Netflix, there is some good news. The streaming platform has announced via Twitter that season three of The Witcher is currently in production, and Netflix has provided an accompanying synopsis as well.
Here’s what fans can expect for the third season:
As monarchs, mages, and beasts of the Continent compete to capture her, Geralt takes Ciri of Cintra into hiding, determined to protect his newly-reunited family against those who threaten to destroy it. Entrusted with Ciri’s magical training, Yennefer leads them to the protected fortress of Aretuza, where she hopes to discover more about the girl’s untapped powers; instead, they discover they’re landed in a battlefield of political corruption, dark magic, and treachery. They must fight back, put everything on the line – or risk losing each other forever.
That set things up quite nicely, and for readers of the source material, this will be some familiar ground. However, for fans of the games or just the show, having the idea of what to expect will keep the excitement going in between the lulls of the seasons.
What we do not know is when season three of The Witcher will arrive on Netflix. Judging from past experiences, it will likely be sometime in 2023.
- The Witcher 3’s Next-Gen Versions Get a New “Q4 2022” Release Window
- Netflix Casts Radovid, Milva, & More for The Witcher Season 3
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold Over 18 Million Copies; The Witcher 3 at Over 40 Million as CD Projekt Announces Results
- Netflix The Witcher S2 Figurines are Available to Preorder, & Roach Has Already Sold Out
- The Witcher Cookbook to Feature 80 Recipes Inspired by the Games