Earlier this week during the AnimeJapan 2022, it was revealed that anime on Netflix has seen a significant surge over the past year, as a report has stated that over half of users on the platform watched anime in 2021.
This news came by way of Variety, who had an official statement regarding this statistic from Netflix Anime Creative Director Kohei Obara.
Anime is one of the cornerstones of our investment in Japan, watched by nearly 90% of our members here last year. At the same time, interest in anime has grown worldwide, and more than half of our members globally tuned into it last year.
From diversifying our slate to bringing back fan favorites, we want to continue growing our members’ discovery and love for anime, both in Japan and around the world with this next chapter of anime on Netflix.
During the event, Netflix also provided sneak peeks into popular upcoming titles like The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh, which will be just one of 40 new and returning titles anime titles that will be on Netflix in 2022.
For more, you can head over to the full article on Variety, which details a bit more regarding what fans can expect from Netflix’s anime lineup for this year. While you’re here, you can also check out all of the anime-related content we’ve got for you in the articles below. That includes plenty of features, news, and quizzes you’ll surely love.
Featured Image Source: Netflix
- The LA Chargers Reveal Their Schedule With an Amazing Anime Video
- Blue Lock Anime Adaptation Set to Air in October; Gets Official Trailer & Key Visual
- Initial D Sequel MF Ghost Anime Reveals Eurobeat Soundtrack in New Trailer
- 4 Reasons My Dress-Up Darling Is More Than Just a Fan Service Anime
- Netflix’s Anime Movie Drifting Home Gets a Second Teaser Trailer