Earlier today, the Netflix Geeked Twitter account confirmed the castings of Uncle Iroh, Gyatso, and Commander Zhao for the upcoming live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender has been completed. You can check out the actors and who they will be playing right down below.
- Paul Sun-Hyung Lee (he/him; Kim’s Convenience, The Mandalorian) will play Uncle Iroh, a retired Fire Nation general and the wise and nurturing mentor to his hot-headed nephew, Prince Zuko.
- Lim Kay Siu (he/him; Anna and The King, Nightwatch) will play Gyatso, a kind and caring Air Nomad monk who is the guardian, father figure and best friend to Aang.
- Ken Leung (he/him; Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Industry) will play Commander Zhao, a scheming and ambitious Fire Nation military officer who’s eager to leverage an unexpected encounter with a desperate Prince Zuko to advance his personal goals.
These three actors are just a few members of the ever-growing cast, as they join Daniel Dae Kim as Fire Lord Ozai, Gordon Cormier as Aang, Kiawentiio as Katara, Ian Ousley as Sokka, and Dallas Lui as Zuko. Netflix’s Avatar: The Last Airbender is slated to release on Netflix in the near future, so be sure to check back for an official release date at some point soon.
While you wait, also be sure to check out all of the amazing Avatar: The Last Airbender content we’ve got in the related articles section below. That includes plenty of features, news, and quizzes about the show and all of the upcoming adaptations you could ever want or need.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Gets Some Dope Officially Licensed Swag
- Lost Star Daniel Dae Kim Will Play Fire Lord Ozai in Netflix’s Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Artist Brings the Series Into 2066
- Can You Match These 10 Avatar: The Last Airbender Locations to Their Nations?
- 5 Stories the New Avatar: The Last Airbender Series Should Explore