Netflix is kicking into high gear with its live-action take on the popular manga series One Piece as fans get a tease of what the first episode will be. The streaming platform revealed the first script that shows the logo for the series and the title of the first episode that pays homage to the series’ origins when it was a one-shot called “Romance Dawn”.
Unveiled on NetflixGeeked’s Twitter page, the post shows the front cover of the screenplay for the episode, but if you look carefully, you can see the title for the first episode titled “Romance Dawn” written by showrunners Matt Owens and Steven Maeda.
This should ring a bell for fans of the series as the name comes from the first time that One Piece was published back in 1996 in Shonen Jump when it was known only by that title. The one-shot piece became the blueprint for the manga that became a worldwide phenomenon as well as being the first arc in the anime series.
By the look of things, it seems like the first episode of the upcoming Netflix series may be a retelling of the first arc or it could simply be paying respect to the original series’ early beginnings. Whatever the reason is, fans will be happy to know that Netflix is looking to respect the source material in their live-action take on the popular series. It will be exciting to see how Netflix brings the world of One Piece to life once production begins.
We still don’t have a date for when One Piece will come out on the streaming service, but we will keep our eyes open when we find out more about when we can expect to see Monkey D. Luffy and his Straw Hat crew set sail in live-action.
- All 180 Episodes of Seinfeld Will Come to Netflix in October
- Cowboy Bebop Live-Action Arrives on Netflix Mid-November; First Look Photos Revealed
- The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf Animated Film Shows More of Vesemir Ahead of Debut on Netflix
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean Anime Gets First Trailer Ahead of Netflix Debut in December
- A New Live-Action Pokemon Series is Reportedly in Production at Netflix