As a part of the recent Nintendo Direct event, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that the upcoming Mario movie he has been working on with Illumination, best known for their work on Despicable Me, would be releasing during the Holiday 2022 timeframe. For North America, the release date is Dec. 21, 2022, while Japan, Europe, and other regions will be getting exact release dates at a later time.
Alongside the release date, a star-studded cast was also revealed:
- Chris Pratt as Mario
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
- Charlie Day as Luigi
- Jack Black as Bowser
- Keegan-Michale Key as Toad
- Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
- Charles Martinet as Suprise Cameos
Miyamoto also said that Mario will be speaking a lot in the film, which is obviously a big change. For more info, be sure to check back here for updates.
If you’re curious about the other games showcased during the latest Nintendo Direct, Twinfinite has got plenty of ongoing coverage, including lots more news listed below. Be sure to check back to the site for consistent updates for everything you could ever want or need about all of the Nintendo and Direct-related events.
- Mario Party Superstars Overview Trailer Showcases Classic N64 Boards & New Mini-Games
- How Well Do You Remember Super Mario 64? Take This Trivia Quiz To Find Out
- Watch Mario & Luigi Perform “Pepe Silvia” From It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- The Mario Movie Casting Is Getting Meme’d Hard on Twitter
- Mario Golf: Super Rush Adds Koopa Troopa, Ninji, & Two New Courses