Today, the tv adaptation for the award-winning soccer manga, Blue Lock, has finally gotten a release window of 2022. This news comes by way of Comic Natalie, which revealed the information alongside a brand new teaser trailer that can be seen below.
For anyone that hasn’t heard of Blue Lock before, its publishing company, Kodansha, provides the following description:
After a disastrous defeat at the 2018 World Cup, Japan’s team struggles to regroup. But what’s missing? An absolute Ace Striker, who can guide them to the win. The Japan Football Union is hell-bent on creating a striker who hungers for goals and thirsts for victory, and who can be the decisive instrument in turning around a losing match…and to do so, they’ve gathered 300 of Japan’s best and brightest youth players. Who will emerge to lead the team…and will they be able to out-muscle and out-ego everyone who stands in their way?
Blue Lock’s anime will be directed by Tetsuaki Watanabe, with Shunsuke Ishikawa as his co-director, Taku Kishimoto writing scripts and series composition, manga creator Muneyuki Kaneshiro supervising the story. Masaru Shindo will also be in charge of drawing the main character designs with assistance from Kenji Tanabe and Kento Toya.
More staff for Blue Lock can be found below:
- Concept Advisor: Yutaka Uemura
- Chief Action Director: Hisashi Higashijima
- Action Director: Hiromi Sakamoto
- Prop Design: Hisashi Higashijima, Yuri Nakajima, Kaori Kyouzu
- Special Effects Animation Director: Akane
- Color Designer: Sakura Komatsu
- Art Designs: Shinji Sugiyama
- Art Director: Sawako Takagi
- Backgrounds: Studio Wyeth
- Director of Photography: Yoshihiro Asagi
- Compositing: chiptune
- 3DCG director: Norimitsu Hirosawa
- 3DCG: Aura Studio
- Visual Concept: Toshiyuki Yamashita (Hyperbole)
- Special effects Processing: Toshiyuki Yamashita, Rina Mitsuzumi
- 2DCG motion graphics: Yasukazu Asano (emitai)
- Editing: Mai Hasegawa (editz)
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Goh
- Sound Producer: Bit grooove promotion
- Music: Jun☆Murayama
- Animation Producer: Tsutomu Hirano
The studio in charge of production will be 8bit, best known for their work on the Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) series.
- Top 10 Best Harem Anime of All Time
- When Does the Blue Lock Anime Come Out? Answered
- When is Bleach The Thousand Year Blood War Anime Coming Out? Answered
- 5 Best Anime of September 2022 You Should Watch
- What Does Sakuga Mean in Anime, Explained