The first part of the final season of Attack on Titan premiered at the start of this year and it ended on a pretty major cliffhanger. Since then, the manga series has come to a close, and animation studio MAPPA has just announced that the second part of the final season will be making its debut in early 2022.
Announced via their official website and Twitter, Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 will air in January 2022, though we don’t exactly have a set release date just yet.
In addition to that, the series will also be getting a special episode with iconic characters like Levi and Mikasa, who will be recapping all of the major events that have happened in the story so far. This should serve as a pretty good refresher before the final season returns, and will help prep fans for the finale.
The manga ended a few months back, resulting in an ending that seemed pretty controversial and divisive among fans, so it remains to be seen whether the anime will simply adapt the manga’s original ending, or perhaps even make some changes as we’ve seen in other series before.
- Artist Creates Impressive Olympic Attack on Titan Portraits
- This Attack on Titan Beast Titan Transformation Animation Is Breathtaking
- 4 Questions We Need Answered in Part 2 of Attack on Titan’s Final Season
- MAPPA Didn’t Deserve the Hate for Attack on Titan’s Final Season
- Attack on Titan Fans Thank the Creator via Twitter for His Dedication