2017’s NieR: Automata released to critical acclaim from critics, and while it almost certainly is the more polished and enjoyable game to play in the series, fans shouldn’t overlook NieR Replicant ver.1.22.
This version upgrade of the original NieR features major graphical improvements, along with new story content to help tie the plot back to Automata a little. It’s also just as self-assured and features a story that’s just as engaging as its successor. Here are four reasons why you need to play NieR Replicant if you were a fan of Automata.
While the combat in ver.1.22 isn’t quite as fluid or stylish as what we saw in NieR: Automata, it’s still pretty damn good, especially when you compare it to the original game. This version of NieR Replicant finally gets a proper lock-on feature, which makes it so much easier to fire off your magical bullets with Grimoire Weiss, and movement is also way faster than before.
The protagonist moves around quickly and gracefully, and is able to dodge out of harm’s way in one quick fluid movement. Action combos also look way cooler now, and with the increased frame rate in ver.1.22, the action almost feels just as smooth and fast-paced as it did in NieR: Automata.
- NieR Replicant Players Notice an Interesting Text Language Detail
- The Hardest NieR Replicant/Gestalt Quiz You’ll Ever Take
- 10 4K & HD Nier Replicant Wallpapers Perfect For Your Next Desktop Background
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… Review – Soul Meets Body
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 Gets Epic Trailer Showing Characters, Gameplay, & Kainé’s Potty Mouth