Hey, would you look at that!? We finally have some new next-gen consoles to play with. Considering that the Xbox Series X is a brand-new piece of gaming tech, some people might be wondering just how to perform specific actions. Well, here’s what we can tell you regarding how to close apps and games on Xbox Series X and Series S.
How to Close Apps and Games on Xbox Series X
If you have a game or an application that’s frozen or if you just need to shut unnecessary things down for your Xbox to run a little faster, closing apps and games is a handy way to keep your console running smoothly.
If you’re on the home menu of your Xbox Series X or Series S, you just need to select the application you would like to close down and then hit the Options button (the button with horizontal lines), and then just choose Quit.
You can also do this from the quick access menu that pops up whenever you hit the Xbox button on your controller.
Thanks to the Xbox Series X’s quick resume feature, you can, fortunately, suspend a couple of games and applications at the same time without losing progress.
You can easily switch from one game to another without having to close anything. But at least you know how to do this now, just in case it’s ever needed.
And that should be everything you need to know regarding how to close apps and games on Xbox Series X and Series S. If you happen to be on the lookout for even more handy hardware tips and tricks for Microsoft’s latest gaming console, just search Twinfinite or check out some coverage below.
And as always, if you have any questions or concerns about this guide, feel free to drop a comment down below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator CRJ & Twin Otter Add-Ons Get New WIP Screenshots; TO Confirmed for Xbox
- Second Extinction For Xbox Series X, Xbox One, & PC Gets Festive Trailer With Duke Nukem Voice Actor
- Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Outlines How Cross-Saves Work for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
- The Medium for Xbox Series X/S & PC Gets New Trailer Showcasing Music and Gameplay
- Honeycomb Aeronautical Announces Xbox Series X & S Support for Microsoft Flight Simulator