Ever since the Into the Spider-Verse movie dropped in late 2018, Miles has gained an insane amount of fans. And that number is still rising thanks to the Spider-Man launch game on PS5. But where did it all begin? If you can’t get enough of Miles Morales, here’s how to get into his comics.
Where to Start
Miles Morales was created through a combination of writing from Brian Michael Bendis, and art by Sara Pichelli. Miles first appeared in Ultimate Fallout #4 after Peter Parker ran into some…trouble.
That’s where you should start if you want to see the very first introduction to Miles Morales in Marvel Comics. That issue isn’t completely focused on him, but it shows him attempting to fill in for Peter Parker for the very first time.
The first comic run to focus solely on Miles Morales was Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (2011). That’s where you should start if you want to see how his origin story differs from the movie and video game versions.
This run spans 28 issues. In it, you’ll see Miles interact with Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, and Aunt May, alongside a whole host of other well-known staples in Peter’s corner of the Marvel universe.
Miles even has run-ins with villains like the Prowler and Venom, while also meeting a whole lot of heroes, including Cloak & Dagger, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), and Captain America.
- PS5 On-Track To Ship 7.6 Million Units by March; Spider-Man Miles Morales Sold 4.1 Million Units
- Spider-Man Miles Morales Update Adds 60FPS Mode With Ray Tracing
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Vinyl Soundtrack Announced
- Call of Duty Reclaims the UK Throne, But Spider-Man Miles Morales Tops Boxed PS5 Sales
- The Best Thwipin’ Miles Morales Wallpapers Around